Brewing French press coffee
"The Bold Standard"
French press coffee is a classic brewing method. Due in part to the metal mesh filter (instead of paper) and an extended steep time, you get a very robust cup of coffee. It’s an easy process. Just follow these steps.
- French press brewer
- Fresh roasted and ground coffee
- Water, near boiling
- Determine how much coffee you’ll need. For a 32oz French press, you’ll use approx. 1/2 to 2/3 cup of coffee (about 10 level tablespoons). For a 64oz pot you’ll use 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cup of coffee (about 18 level tablespoons). Adjust according to your taste preferences.
- Grind your coffee. Adjust your grinder to a coarse setting. On most home grinders, use the coarsest setting available.
- Add water. Water should be near but not at boiling temperature (~200°F). Leave enough room for the cover and plunger to fit in without overflowing the liquid.
- Steep for 4 minutes. If needed, give it a light stir to saturate all the grounds. Steep with cover on to retain heat.
Comments are closed.